Brush Pick-Up Schedule - 2013
Brush Pick-up (branches at least 3ft. in length and less than 12" in diameter) begins in April and runs through November. Only residents that pay an additional monthly fee on their utility bill are eligible. Review your City utility bill to see if you are paying this fee, check My Neighborhood or call Utility Billing at (630) 377-4426 for verification.
2013 Brush Pickup Schedule
Brush must be placed on the address side of the parkway, cut ends facing the street, before 7:00 a.m. on Monday (see list for East and West side dates). The brush pickup crew is very efficient, and at times the quantity of brush in a particular area is minimal, consequently the crew can move through an entire area very quickly. Once the crew passes an individual address it will not come back to that address until the next scheduled pickup date.
Play it safe, have your brush out before 7:00 a.m. Monday!
Please remember: Brush that does not conform to pick-up requirements will not be picked up.
- place brush on the parkway in front of the house or along the frontage where refuse/recycling is collected
- do not tie bundles of brush with rope or wire
- brush must not be piled higher than 4 feet (this practice will obstruct the visibility of pedestrians and vehicles)
- brush must never be piled in the street (this practice is prohibited by City Ordinance)
- do not place metal, grass, leaves, dirt, roots or lumber in the brush pile
- brush piles with vehicles parked in front of them will not be picked up
- do not put poison ivy or oak in brush piles (please put this material in St. Charles Yardwaste Bags).
Tree trunks/stumps: If you take down a whole tree, please be aware that the maximum size that the crew has the ability to pick up is 12” in diameter by 12’ long. Anything larger or longer would need to be cut up or split before pick-up.
Small branches, trimmings and leaves: These items can be placed in a brown paper yardwaste bag (purchase bags with City logo on them or use generic bags and place one refuse sticker on each bag). Yardwaste bags will be picked up on your normal garbage day.
As an alternative to the brush pickup program, place twigs, trimmings and leaves in paper yardwaste bags (purchase bags with City logo on them or use generic bags and place one refuse sticker on each bag) and leave for collection on the normal refuse pickup day.
The Brush Pickup Schedule is also included as an insert in the City newsletter. Subsequent City newsletters contain reminders and a table of the dates remaining in the year.