You are here

Frequently Asked Questions: Public Services Division

Driveway Aprons & Service Walks

My driveway apron and service walk have deteriorated, will the City replace these areas?

The City will replace a driveway apron or service walk if the City damages them during curb or sidewalk replacement. Otherwise, homeowners should repair and/or replace them as needed.

The City is not responsible for repairing residential driveway aprons. If you have any questions, please call (630) 377-4405.

How do I report a fallen, damaged or diseased parkway tree or branch?

General Information

The City of St. Charles Streets Division maintains all trees in the right of way or the area commonly known as “the parkway.” The parkway is the area between the sidewalk or lot line and the curb.

The City has every right-of way tree inventoried by size, location and species. The City inspects, monitors, trims and fertilizes as needed. The City also has a pest management program if appropriate and approves removals when necessary.