You are here

Frequently Asked Questions: Mayor & Council

BASSET training requirements and classes

It shall be the duty of every licensee to require their officers, associates, members, representatives, agents or employees who sell, give or deliver alcoholic liquor or beverages to be trained and certified by the Beverage Alcohol Sellers and Servers Education and Training Program (BASSET) licensed and administered by the State of Illinois Liquor Control Commission (ILCC).

How do I get my banners hung from City streetlights?

General Information

Under limited circumstances and for limited times, the Director of Public Works or his/her designee may authorize the placement of banners on Banner Facilities. The Director of Public Works or his/her designee will use the "Standards" Criteria in determining whether to permit the display of the banner(s), for determining the location of the banner(s), and for determining how long the display of the banner(s) shall be permitted.

The City's banner poles are fixed and are not adjustable.