Our Vision Encompasses:
- Positive role modeling for youth/children
- Opportunities to safeguard the elderly from becoming victims
- Law enforcement to maintain order in our community
- Identification of solutions when reoccurring problems persist
- Community Policing philosophy by partnering with residents & business
- Education to aid in the prevention of crime.
The St. Charles Police Department exists to provide service to our Community. It is our primary role to prevent crime and to enforce laws against those who fail to follow them.
Citizens are to be treated with dignity and respect, recognizing that compassion and understanding are important to our decision-making process.
It is essential that all of our members be professionally trained to provide guidance in our duty to the Community.
Partnerships with our citizens in addressing quality of life assists us in maintaining St. Charles as a safe and desirable place to live and work.
To provide insight into the department, please visit the links at right for explanations of each of these important areas that make up the St. Charles Police Department.