The new facility is being built on approximately 6.5 acres on the site of the former Valley Shopping Center. The $24.6 million project is expected to be completed by December 2019 and will support the City’s policing operations for the next 50 years.
Building Features include:
- 56,000 square-foot, two-story structure of brick, limestone and natural stone, with painted concrete and metal panels
- Sophisticated evidence room with bar-coding system
- Advanced lock-up facility, and a secured area for attorneys to speak with suspects in custody
- Modern layout with private and communal work spaces
- Attached squad car garage
- Training room
- Improved and enlarged locker rooms
- Wellness center
- Community room for public use
- LED for all interior lighting
- Regional stormwater detention system
- Metal and bricks from demolished buildings on the site were salvaged and repurposed.