The City of St. Charles does not require general business licenses. Licenses are required for:
- Carnival License
- Cigarette License
- Coin-op Amusement License
- Liquor Application - First Time
- Liquor Application - Renewal
- Liquor Application - 1-Day Not-for-profit
- Liquor Application - 1-Day Special Civic Event
- Loudspeaker License
- Scavenger License Application
- Towing License Application
All licensing is handled in the Mayor's office. The Mayor is also the City Liquor Commissioner.
The types of businesses required to obtain a business license are outlined in Title 5 - Business Licenses and Regulations
"A person is required to obtain a license and is subject to subsequent fees whenever a license is required for the maintenance, operation or conduct of any business or establishment, or for doing business or engaging in any activity or occupation, actively or passively; or performs or attempts to perform any part of such business or occupation in the city."