You are here

Business Licenses - What are the requirements for a business license?

General Information

The City of St. Charles does not require general business licenses. Licenses are required for:

  • Carnival License
  • Cigarette License
  • Coin-op Amusement License
  • Liquor Application - First Time
  • Liquor Application - Renewal
  • Liquor Application - 1-Day Not-for-profit
  • Liquor Application - 1-Day Special Civic Event
  • Loudspeaker License
  • Scavenger License Application
  • Towing License Application

 All licensing is handled in the Mayor's office. The Mayor is also the City Liquor Commissioner.

The types of businesses required to obtain a business license are outlined in Title 5 - Business Licenses and Regulations

"A person is required to obtain a license and is subject to subsequent fees whenever a license is required for the maintenance, operation or conduct of any business or establishment, or for doing business or engaging in any activity or occupation, actively or passively; or performs or attempts to perform any part of such business or occupation in the city."

updated Jan 18, 2017