It’s almost Spring in St. Charles and there is plenty of new development popping up on the East, West and everywhere in between.
- Ulta Beauty and Five Below discount store will join the recent additions of a Ross Store and T.J. Maxx to bring the Main Street Commons shopping center at E. Main Street and Kirk Rd. to 100%
- Industrial areas on the east side are also seeing renewed investment and interest:
- A new Ryder Truck facility is under construction on South Tyler Rd.
- Smithfield Foods is nearing completion of a large-scale addition to increase their production and packing capacity.
- Silverado, a 48,000 square foot senior living and memory care facility on E. Main St. across from Pheasant Run, is under construction.
- A PUD plan to convert the historic Lamp Co. factory at 13th and Indiana Avenues into 14 luxury townhome units was approved in December 2017, and construction is expected to commence this spring.
- Over on First Street, the Sterling Bank building along the west bank of the Fox River is expected to be complete this summer. In addition to offices for Sterling Bank, it will also include 12 residential condominiums and retail/restaurant space. Construction on the final mixed-use building in this phase, the Riverloft, will begin this Spring. The City also is initiating the process for soliciting developer interest on the remaining three parcels in the development. View their locations here.
- A new Culver’s location on the west side at 111 S. Randall Rd. Is currently under construction.
- Site and utility work could begin this spring on Prairie Centre, a new mixed-use residential and commercial development at the site of the former St. Charles Mall on Route 38. Plans for call for between 80,000 and 116,000 square feet of commercial space and 670 residential apartment units on the 27-acre site.
- Work continues on the multi-family Prairie Winds residential development on Bricher Rd. which will include 250 residential units. Residents have begun moving into the some of the completed buildings. Plans include a club house, pool and dog park.
- Construction continues on Anthem Heights, a development of 78 single family residential homes west of Randall Road and Main St.
“We are encouraged by the ongoing developments all over town, said Community and Economic Development Director Rita Tungare. “Our staff has been very busy planning and working with property owners and developers over the past few years and we are seeing projects come to fruition. We continually strive to attract a healthy mix of commercial, retail and residential opportunities to St. Charles to help make our community a thriving and desirable place where people want to live, work or visit.”