The Spring Clean Up program is back again this year. Offered every two years, Spring Clean Up allows residents to place unwanted items at the curb for pick up. Collection dates are April 28 for the East Side and May 5 for the West Side. This is a service for residents within St. Charles city limits only.
Advanced Disposal will pick up items which must be placed on the curb (not in the street) before 7 a.m. to ensure pickup. Once collection crews have passed through an area they will not come back. Also, please do not place items out more than 48 hours before the collection.
All loose material should put in containers as much as possible. Please do not place trash in recycling carts. All items must weigh no more than 50 lbs. Rugs and carpet should be rolled, taped/tied and cut into segments no longer than 5 feet in length and weighing no more than 50 lbs.
Mark containers used to hold items with “Do not throw can away.” They cannot be retrieved once collected. For more information about Spring Clean Up, contact the Public Works Department at 630.377.4405 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Prohibited from Spring Clean Up–these items won’t be collected:
- Any items weighing more than 50 Lbs.
- Any carpet rolls larger than 5 feet in length
- Home appliances
- Household hazardous waste (paints, solvents, auto fluids, pesticides, etc.)
- Devices containing mercury (thermostats, thermometers, etc.)
- Fluorescent bulbs
- Liquids and gases (no propane tanks, fire extinguishers)
- Contractor construction debris (doors, windows, large amounts of lumber, masonry products, drywall, siding, roofing)
- Yard waste (grass, leaves, brush, garden waste, rocks)
- Household refuse normally collected each week
Visit the Kane County Recycles website at www.countyofkane.org/Recycling for more information on how to properly dispose of unacceptable items.