Beginning July 2, Lakeshore Recycling Systems will begin providing refuse and recycling services for City of St. Charles residents. Lakeshore will provide the same services residents currently receive plus some added new ones, at a significantly lower cost. St. Charles collection days are staying the same, however the time of collection may be different.
Please leave your old carts from Advanced Disposal on the curb for Advanced to collect. If Advanced Disposal carts are not collected by Thursday, July 5, the City will send out a crew from Public Works to collect them. This may take a couple of days to complete.
Lakeshore has mailed detailed information about services to every St. Charles resident, including services and costs. More information also is available on the City's Refuse & Recycling web page.
- June 18 – June 30: Residents will receive a new 65-gallon recycling cart. To switch to a larger or smaller recycling cart, contact Lakeshore Recycling Systems at 630-581-8650 or StCharles@lrsrecycles.com. PLEASE DO NOT USE THESE CARTS UNTIL AFTER JULY 1, 2018.
- June 25 & 26: Last pick up by Advanced Disposal, old carts will be collected. If your Advanced Disposal carts were not collected, please contact Advanced Disposal at 630.587.8282.
- July 2 & 3: The first pick up by Lakeshore Recycling Systems.
- July 1 – July 31: Residents can use Advanced Disposal stickers and half-size bags they may have accumulated.
Key Service Details
- Your current service day will stay the same.
- If you currently rent a refuse cart, Lakeshore will give you the same size cart. If you did not receive a refuse cart or would like to start using a refuse cart, contact Lakeshore Recycling Systems at 630-581-8650 or StCharles@lrsrecycles.com.
- Advanced Disposal will collect the old carts on the last day of service. For the East side of the river this will be on June 25th. For the West side of the river this will be on June 26th. If your Advanced Disposal carts were not collected, please contact Advanced Disposal at 630.587.8282.
- If you use stickers, they will be available at the same retailers. (However, ALDI has decided to no longer sell refuse stickers). Jewel stores will begin selling stickers July 1.
- Please Note: The City of St. Charles’ current brush and leaf collection programs will not change. However, additional collection options are available with Lakeshore. Check their website for more information www.lrsrecycles.com/stcharles
New Service Highlights
- Two weeks of free yard waste disposal in the Spring
- Free bagged leaf pick up the entire month of December
- Bulk Items less than 50 lbs. will require one sticker per item
- ‘White Goods’ (appliances) less than 50 lbs. will require one sticker per item