The 2018 St. Charles East High School Homecoming Parade will be held on Main Street (Illinois Rt. 64) this Friday, September 21, 2018 at 1:00 p.m. The parade begins at W. Main and 6th Street traveling east across the Main Street bridge to 2nd Avenue.
Street closures are as follows:
- Main Street will be closed between 7th Street and 5th Avenue (Illinois Rt. 25) beginning at 12:45 p.m.
- 2nd Street (Illinois Rt. 31) will be closed between State Street and Illinois Street beginning at 12:45 p.m.
- Main Street (Rt. 64) traffic will be detoured to Illinois Street during the parade. Truck Traffic is encouraged to use Illinois Route 38.
- 2nd Street (Rt. 31) traffic will be detoured to 7th Street. Route 31 Truck Traffic is encouraged to use Randall Road as an alternate.
- S. 5th and S. 6th Streets between Main Street and Illinois Street will be closed beginning at 11:00 a.m. for parade staging. 2nd Avenue between Main Street and Illinois Avenue will be closed beginning at 12:30 p.m. to allow parade units to exit the parade route.
Motorists are urged to use care and to be watchful for pedestrians. Traffic assistance will be provided by Police and Emergency Management personnel stationed throughout the detour route.
Motorists are strongly encouraged to use alternate routes. Traffic delays may be lengthy.