The 2018 St. Charles North High School Homecoming Parade will be held on Main Street (IL Rt. 64) Friday, Oct. 19, 2018, at 1 p.m. The parade steps off at Main & 6th Streets, and travels east across the Main Street bridge to 2nd Avenue. Several roadways will be closed temporarily, including west Main Street and the Main Street Bridge.
Street Closures and Detours
- Main Street will be closed between 7th Street and 5th Avenue (IL Rt. 25) from 12:45 p.m. to 2 p.m.
- Main Street (IL Rt. 64) traffic will be detoured to Illinois Street during the parade. Truck traffic is encouraged to use IL Rt 38 as an alternate.
- 2nd Street (IL Rt. 31) will be closed between State and Illinois Streets, from 12:45 p.m. to 2 p.m.
- 2nd Street (IL Rt. 31) traffic will be detoured to 7th Street. Truck traffic is encouraged to use Randall Road as an alternate.
- South 5th and South 6th Streets between Main Street and Illinois Street will be closed beginning at 11 a.m. for parade staging.
- 2nd Avenue between Main Street and Illinois Avenue will be closed beginning at 12:30 p.m. to allow parade units to exit the parade route.
Drivers, please use extra caution and watch for pedestrians. Traffic delays may be lengthy; consider using alternate routes. Traffic assistance will be provided by the Police Department and Emergency Management Agency personnel stationed throughout the detour route.