Public Works staff closely monitors the weather and is ready to respond around the clock. The City maintains approximately 171 miles of main and secondary roads, alleys, side streets, parking lots and cul-de-sacs within City limits. But not all roads are the City’s responsibility to clear. Generally, our crews plow the downtown area and most City-owned streets. However, some roads are maintained by St. Charles Township, or State or County Departments of Transportation.
The following roads are plowed and maintained by the Illinois Department of Transportation (IDOT) – 847.705.4228.
- Rt. 31 north of the railroad trestle
- Rt. 25 north of Johnor Ave.
- Rt. 64 west of Randall Rd.
- Rt. 64 east of 13th Ave.
The following roads are plowed and maintained by the Kane County Highway Department (KDOT) – 630.584.1170.
- Kirk Rd. south of Rt. 64
- Kirk Rd. north of Royal Fox Dr.
- Country Club Rd. from Persimmon Dr. to Dunham Rd.
- Randall Rd.
St. Charles Township
The following roads are plowed and maintained by the St. Charles Township – 630.584.9342
- Peck Road from the bike path on the north end to Rt. 64
- All of Oakwood Drive in the Rainbow Hills subdivision
- Crane Road from Rt. 31 to the entrance of Crane Rd Estates
- All of Dover Hill
All other City streets are maintained by the Public Works Department. Visit www.stcharlesil.gov/services/seasonal-services/snow-removal or call 630.377.4405 for more information.