From Oct. 3-5, 2019, an estimated 300 people from cities around the country will gather right here in St. Charles for the America in Bloom Symposium and Awards Program. It’s an exciting chance to showcase our beautiful city to the entire
What is America in Bloom - St. Charles?
Residents, and members of local businesses and organizations have joined together to form America in Bloom - St. Charles. The group works together to improve St. Charles through landscaping, environmental, and heritage preservation projects. They enter St. Charles in the America in Bloom national program each year, in which St. Charles took home top honors, winning its population category in 2017 and 2018.
Why is America in Bloom Important to St. Charles?
Not only does America in Bloom promote community beautification, community involvement is an essential component. And the group really gets things done. A few examples of projects:
- Organize the Holiday Light Recycling program that diverts tons (literally) of lights from landfills each year
- Added new cement planters around town
- Added recycling containers throughout the community
- Helped install festive lights on the First Street Plaza
- Worked with local businesses to encourage recycling and waste reduction
Become a Volunteer!
Become a part of the America in Bloom team and help make St. Charles the best it can be. There are several volunteer opportunities to help St. Charles host the Symposium in October:
- Assist with tours downtown as a pacer or providing directions
- Serve as an “All About St. Charles” information specialist to answer visitor questions
- Greet guests in the lobby at Pheasant Run
- Work the registration table
- Help decorate the conference room and stuff goody bags
- Set up tents & chairs for the walking tour
- Decorate City Hall windows
- Help lift and arrange equipment, boxes and other items