Happy New Year! 2019 was filled with good news from all over the City. We have many goals for the New Year. Here’s what’s in store for 2020:
Community & Economic Development
- Completion of the East Plaza/Riverwalk in 2020. This will be open to the public for enjoyment of the river.
- Conclude the Downtown Comprehensive Plan update. After this, the City will issue a Request for Proposals for redevelopment of municipal lands along the east side of the Fox River, including the former Police Station site.
- Actively pursue additional recruiting strategies, especially for the Police, Fire, and Public Works Departments, where there is a decrease in applicants.
- Execute a compensation study and analysis to ensure the City is attracting top talent while also utilizing taxpayer dollars responsibly.
- Utilize a virtual training system in 2020 that is a planned addition to our new police facility. This system will allow officers to experience practical, real-time decision making in a virtual environment.
- Complete final engineering plans for Phase 1 flood mitigation improvements along the 7th Avenue Creek.
- Begin design engineering for the west side Wastewater Treatment Plant Expansion with construction estimated at $20 million. This plant is along IL Rt. 38 west of Randall Road and is needed for additional wastewater treatment capacity to support continued community growth and to incorporate additional environmental elements to improve water quality of Mill Creek and the Fox River.
- Begin design engineering of the Riverside lift station facility replacement. Replacing the aging wastewater lift station at the intersection of Riverside and Devereaux Way is estimated at $7 million.
- Begin design engineering for combining Well #7 and Well #13 water treatment building located on the City’s west side. Combining these facilities increases water production capabilities and achieves some financial savings by creating a centralized treatment location for these two wells.
- Evaluate the potential replacement of several software applications over the next several years, including the City’s accounting and utility billing packages.
- Continue to work with the Community Foundation of the Fox River Valley and support the activities of the St.Charles Initiative Fund.
- Lead an initiative to implement an integrated suite of software applications that support the City’s core business processes to meet enhanced customer service requirements.
- Implement a comprehensive redesign of the City’s network to ensure the City has the capacity to meet its future computing needs.