The City has released new procedures effective Sept. 15, 2020, to help residents struggling to get their utility payments up-to-date in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Late Payment Fees
All late payment penalties are suspended until Jan. 1, 2021.
Payment Plan Available
A nine-month payment plan is available for customers who sign up by Dec. 1, 2020. Here’s how the plan works:
- Any balance on an account as of the November 2020 billing period will be frozen.
- The balance as of the November 2020 billing period will be divided into nine equal payments.
- 1/9th of the balance as of the November 2020 billing period will be due each month for nine months, beginning with the December 2020 bill and continuing through the August 2021 bill.
- This 1/9 repayment amount is in addition to any amount due for regularly billed service, beginning with the December billing period.
- Any service charges from December going forward will be billed as usual, and late charges will apply for non payment starting in January 2021.
- All disconnections for non-payment are suspended until March 31, 2021.
- Any customer with a past-due balance who does not sign up for the payment plan by Dec. 1, 2020, is subject to service disconnection after March 31, 2021.
- Any customer who is late with the payment plan amount or current charges, is subject to service disconnection after March 31, 2021.
All deposit requests and late payments that count toward deposits are suspended until May 1, 2021.
Agencies that may be able to Help
The following agencies may be able to provide energy payment assistance:
- Salvation Army: 630.377.2769
- LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program: 847.697.4400
- Kane County 211: 888.865.9903
For more information, contact Utility Billing at 630.377.4426 or email@example.com