On April 23, 2020, the Governor extended the Stay-at-Home order through May 30, 2020, with some modifications. A few highlights:
- Individuals over the age of two who can medically tolerate a face-covering will be required to wear a facecovering or mask in public places where they cannot maintain a six-foot social distance.
- Face-coverings will be required in indoor public spaces, such as stores.
Visit the St. Charles Park District for information about local parks and facilities www.stcparks.org
- State Parks will begin a phased reopening on May 1.
- More details on which parks will reopen are available on the Illinois Department of Natural Resources website.
- Fishing and boating in groups of no more than two people will be allowed.
- Golf will be permitted under strict safety and social distancing guidelines.
New Essential Businesses
- Greenhouses, garden centers, and nurseries may reopen.
- Animal grooming services may re-open.
- Retail stores designated non-essential businesses may reopen to fulfill telephone and online orders through pick-up and delivery.
For the full announcement outlining the modifications, including those regarding manufacturing businesses, schools and hospitals, read the Governor’s Order here.