In response to Illinois Gov. Pritzker's COVID-19 Mitigations, City offices are temporarily closed to the public and no in-person transactions are being conducted, effective Nov. 30. Read the State's COVID-19 Mitigations here.
We remain available to assist you online or over the phone, M-F, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. The City of St. Charles will continue to conduct public meetings and provide essential services.
City Council and Committee meetings will continue to be conducted with Zoom video/teleconferencing. Remote participation is encouraged due to COVID-19 capacity limits and distancing requirements. Each meeting is posted on the Meeting Calendar on the City website www.stcharlesil.gov and includes instructions for how to participate remotely.
- The Police Station at 1515 W. Main Street will be open to the public for essential services only.
- All other City buildings will be closed to the public temporarily:
- Municipal Building at 2 E. Main St.
- Public Works Facility at 1405 S. 7th Ave.
- Three Fire Stations: 112 N. Riverside Ave., 2900 Production Drive, and 2901 Campton Hills Road
- Some City workers may be working remotely at times.
- Some City departments may not be operating at full staff at times, please be patient.
Contacting the City of St. Charles
- If it’s an Emergency
- The St. Charles Police and Fire departments remain operational 24/7.
- Residents should continue to call 911 in an emergency.
- When calling for emergency medical services, please inform dispatches of all symptoms you are having so they are prepared when arriving on scene.
- For Non-Emergency Questions
Paying Your Utility Bill
We will not be accepting in-person payments at this time. Please use these alternate methods of payment:
- Online at www.stcharlesil.gov/utilitybilling
- By phone: Call toll-free, 24/7 (844) 443-9794
- By mail
- Use one of the convenient drop boxes:
- East side - Foxfield Commons Shopping Center, 2700 block of East Main Street
- Downtown - City Hall/Municipal Building (2 E. Main St.)
- Southeast side of the building
- North parking lot, next to the USPS mailbox
- West side - St. Charles Police Station, 1515 W. Main Street
Building & Code Enforcement Permits and Inspections
- No occupied interior inspections are being conducted by City staff at this time. Staff will work with an outside consultant, subject to availability to schedule interior inspections.
- Permits, plans, applications, and associated payments accepted at the drop box at the southeast side of City Hall/Municipal Building or mailed to City of St Charles Building & Code Enforcement, 2 E. Main St., St. Charles, IL 60174.
- No cash accepted.
Lakeshore Recycling Systems will continue regular pick-up of refuse and recycling. Lakeshore also will begin bagged leaf collection Nov. 30, as previously scheduled. Please note that refuse stickers will not be sold at the City at this time. They are available to purchase at local grocery stores.
More information about the State of Illinois COVID-19 response is at Coronavirus.illinois.gov