The City of St. Charles reopened City buildings and has resumed in-person public meetings following Governor J.B. Pritzker’s announcement that our area has moved into Phase 4 of the Restore Illinois plan.
In-Person Public Meetings Resume
In-person public meetings have resumed at the Municipal Building, 2 E. Main St. Visitors must wear a mask and maintain 6-ft. distancing.
The City will continue to make video teleconferencing an option, making it easier for the public to participate. For more information, visit www.stcharlesil.gov/meetings and click on the meeting you are interested in attending.
City Buildings Reopen to the Public with Health and Safety Requirements
City buildings are open to serve residents Monday - Friday, from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. When at a City building, visitors must follow these health and safety requirements:
- Wear a mask before entering a building
- Use hand sanitizer provided upon entrance
- Maintain a 6 ft. distance from others
Conducting Business at the City
In-person transactions resume Monday - Friday, from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. for these City services:
- Pay a utility bill
- In-person payment at the Utility Billing office in the Municipal Building, 2 E. Main St.
- Convenient contactless methods to pay your utility bill will still be available:
- Building permits and applications
- In-person meetings are by appointment only at the Municipal Building.
- Plans and application drop off:
- In the Municipal Building lobby during normal office hours.
- 24/7 in the drop box at the South Entrance of the Municipal Building
- Public Works service counter at the Public Works facility, 1405 S. 7th Ave.
- Meetings with City staff are encouraged to be conducted remotely by phone or video conference when possible. In-person meetings are by appointment only and masks are required.
Some Non-Essential Police Services Resume with Restrictions
- Fingerprinting services for licensing and city-related requirements only.
- Prescription drug disposal.
- Issuing solicitor permits with safety plans submitted by the applicants.
Non-Essential Services that Remain Suspended
- Municipal Building meeting room reservations
- Municipal Building display window reservations
- Police Station meeting room reservations
- Police Station tours
- Child safety seat checks
- Police Ride-Along Program
- Citizen’s Police Academy