The Illinois Rental Payment Program (ILRPP) can provide up to $25,000 in emergency rental assistance for eligible residents and landlords impacted by the COVID pandemic. Click here for a brief overview of the program. For more information about eligibility or to apply, visit www.ihda.org/about-ihda/illinois-rental-payment-program.
Applications for landlords/housing providers are accepted May 17-June 7, 2021.
Applications for renters are accepted Wednesday, June 9 - 28, 2021.
- Applicants are eligible for up to 15 months of assistance
- The grant is paid to the housing provider in the form of a check
- Must be Illinois residents and rent the home as a primary residence
- Must meet income eligibility requirements
- Must have experienced a financial hardship due to the pandemic, for example:
- Being laid off
- Place of employment closed
- A reduction in hours of work
- A loss of spousal/child support
- An inability to find work due to COVID-19
- Staying home with children due to closure of daycare/school
- Unable to work due to the workplace’s high risk of severe illness from COVID-19
- At the risk of homelessness or housing instability
For more information, including how to apply, visit the Illinois Housing Development Authority website at https://www.ihda.org/about-ihda/illinois-rental-payment-program. If you have questions, email QUESTIONS.ILRPP@IHDA.ORG or call toll free at 866-454-3571.