Public Power Week is October 3 - 9. Public Power Week recognizes electric utility staff for operating and maintaining reliable, efficient electric service.
Since 1892, St. Charles has operated its own electric utility. It is one of 2,000+ community electric utilities nationwide that provides not-for-profit electric service to its citizens.
What are the Benefits of Having a Local Power Utility?
- We work for each and every resident and business of St. Charles, not a group of shareholders.
- When you call about an issue, you are talking to someone in your community. And often the work is done by professionals who live right here in St. Charles.
- Our crews are dispatched out of our Public Works Facility on 7th Avenue, allowing us to quickly and efficiently respond to outages or problems.
- We are non-profit—we’re not out to make money from our services.
- Any improvements made to the power system directly benefit residents in our community.
For more information, contact the City’s Electric Utility at 630.377.4407.