Beginning May 1, 2022, the City stopped covering the Paymentus transaction fees for online utility bill payments. A convenience fee of $3.95 will be applied to all utility payments made online or over the phone through Paymentus. However, there are ways to pay your utility bill that do not incur the fee.
The convenience fee will be applied to payments made online or over the phone using these methods:
- Credit/debit cards (Visa, MasterCard, Discover)
- PayPal/PayPal Credit
- Amazon Pay
- IVR (Pay by Phone with Paymentus)
- Automatic payment set up through Paymentus
Avoid the Fee
To avoid the convenience fee, consider these payment options:
- Set up an ACH Electronic Payment directly from your checking or savings account. There are two ways to set up this payment:
- Utilize your bank’s online bill pay system. Contact your bank to set up this payment.
- Mail a check or money order or drop it in a one of four payment drop boxes around town.
- Pay in person with cash, check or money order in the Utility Billing office, 2 E. Main St.
If you have questions about the fee or setting up a payment, contact the Utility Billing office at 630.377.4426 or email@example.com.