The City of St. Charles is looking for candidates for the Ward 3 Alderperson seat, following the withdrawal of John Edward Frank from the position.
In accordance with state statute, the successful candidate will be appointed by Mayor Lora Vitek, with the advice and consent of the City Council, after a review and interview process.
Residents interested in consideration for appointment to the vacant seat must reside in Ward 3 and submit a letter of interest and resume to Mayor Lora Vitek. All letters/resumes must be received by May 30, 2023, at4 p.m. Candidate interviews are expected to take place June 5, 2023.
Ways to Submit an Application:
- Email letters of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Drop them off at City Hall, 2 E. Main Street
- Mail them to 2 E. Main Street, St. Charles, IL 60174; or
In accordance with 65 ILCS 5/3.1-10-5, persons interested in elective municipal office must meet the following criteria:
- Be a qualified elector of the municipality,
- Have resided in the municipality at least one year next preceding the election or appointment,
- not be in arrears in the payment of a tax or other indebtedness due to the municipality or been convicted in any court of any infamous crime, bribery, perjury, or other felony, and
- Reside in the ward that the person seeks to represent at least one year next preceding the election or appointment.
In addition, the Government Ethics Act requires a statement of economic interest be filed with the Kane County Clerk’s Office.
For more information about alderperson responsibilities, meeting frequency, ward boundaries, and more, visit our City Council web page.