You are here

The Den

The Den newsletter

What Ward Am I In?

And How to Contact Your Alderman

The City website contains a quick and easy way for you to find out what ward you are in and to contact your Aldermen.

How to Contact Your Aldermen

Visit the City Council - Alderman page on our website under the “Government” tab at the top of the page. Scroll down for a list of Aldermen, the Ward they represent, and their conrtact information.

What Ward Am I In?

Make Safe Internet Transactions and Child Custody Exchanges

At the Police Station

The St. Charles Police Department has designated two parking spots outside the police station at 1515 W. Main Street to safely conduct internet purchase transactions and child custody exchanges. The spots are indicated with signage. The lobby of the police station will continue to serve as a safe place for conducting these transactions as well.

Both the lobby and parking spots are monitored by security cameras, and their close proximity to police personnel means residents can meet there with confidence.    

Streetlight Out? Report It Online

If you notice a streetlight (not traffic signal) is out, flickering or needs repair, you can notify us with the online service form. Fill it out and include your contact information so we can contact you if more information is needed. Streetlights are generally repaired on Fridays. Call the Public Works office at 630.377.4405 for more information or assistance in reporting a streetlight issue. Thanks for your help!

Going on Vacation? Keep Your Home Safe

There are a few courtesy programs our Police Department provides to protect your home while you are away on vacation. Stop by the Police Department front desk (211 N. Riverside Ave.) and fill out the appropriate forms. The front desk is open Monday through Friday, 6am to midnight, Saturdays 7am to 5pm, and closed on Sundays and holidays.

Vacation House Watch – Request a police officer check on your home when you are away on vacation. You can also request a house watch online

Where to Find Information on Current Projects in St. Charles

On the front page of our website, under the video welcome from the Mayor, you will see a Business & Development Projects icon. This section provides up-to-date information on large-scale private development projects that are going through the City’s review process, have been approved, or are currently under construction. Click on a project to view plan documents and information about public meetings.

The Safe Haven Law Saves Babies from Unsafe Abandonment

Not too long ago, an infant was found deceased in a backpack along a roadway in unincorporated Wheaton. Incidents like this are incredibly sad, and they should not happen. Please help us spread the word about Illinois' Safe Haven law, which gives a desperate parent a safe alternative to abandoning their baby.

Newborns up to 30 days old can be brought to any hospital, emergency care facility, staffed police station or staffed fire station–no questions asked. The baby is taken to a hospital for a check up and then placed with a pre-approved adoptive family.

Sign Up for Electric Outage Alert System

If you are a St. Charles Electric Utility customer, be sure to register your phone number with the automated telephone notification system.

Based on caller I.D. technology, the system links your phone number to your account. When you call to report an outage, the system automatically identifies your location and relays the outage information, reducing crew response times. You also can opt for a call back to confirm power restoration.