Last week, all residents were successfully switched to the new water main, and the old water main was taken out of service. This week, sanitary sewer main replacements will continue, beginning with the main along Delnor Avenue, followed by the sanitary sewer mains in the side yards.
2nd Avenue & Delnor Avenue Street Reconstruction Project
The City will be reconstructing 2nd Avenue and Delnor Avenue during the 2020 construction season. See project details below and please check back for project updates as we progress through construction.
- Project Phase: Construction
- Proposed Improvements: Using a combination of open trench and trenchless construction methods, the City will be installing new water main, storm sewer, and sanitary sewer including new water and sanitary service connections to each house. The City will then perform a full depth reconstruction of both streets with new stone base, asphalt surfacing, and concrete ribbon curb.
- Contractor: A. Lamp Concrete Contractors
- Construction Engineer: Ken Jay, P.E., Public Works Manager - Engineering
Phone number 630-377-4405
- Estimated Timeline: Anticipated May 2020 – October 2020
- Project Locations: N. 2nd Avenue north and south of Delnor Avenue. Delnor Avenue from N. 2nd Ave. to N 3rd Avenue.
- Road Closures: Short-term road closures will be required at intermittent times. No long term road closures are anticipated.
This week the contractor will complete testing and chlorination of the new water main, and will continue replacement of the sanitary sewer along the northern leg of 2nd Avenue.
Next week the contractor will complete the installation of the water main, including valves and fire hydrants. Fusing of pipe for the new sanitary sewer may begin, with sanitary sewer installation scheduled to begin the week of August 24th.
Next week the contractor will be continuing the water main installation, focusing on fire hydrant and valve installation, as well as water main connections.
No work anticipated for the 2nd and Delnor project the next 2 weeks due to contractor scheduling.
The contractor will be pulling the new water main along Delnor Avenue, between 2nd and 3rd Avenues, on Friday, July 24th. The intersection of 3rd Avenue and Delnor will be closed to through traffic, but continuous access will be provided to the 2nd and Delnor subdivision.