No work anticipated for the 2nd and Delnor project the next 2 weeks due to contractor scheduling.
2nd Avenue & Delnor Avenue Street Reconstruction Project
The City will be reconstructing 2nd Avenue and Delnor Avenue during the 2020 construction season. See project details below and please check back for project updates as we progress through construction.
- Project Phase: Construction
- Proposed Improvements: Using a combination of open trench and trenchless construction methods, the City will be installing new water main, storm sewer, and sanitary sewer including new water and sanitary service connections to each house. The City will then perform a full depth reconstruction of both streets with new stone base, asphalt surfacing, and concrete ribbon curb.
- Contractor: A. Lamp Concrete Contractors
- Construction Engineer: Ken Jay, P.E., Public Works Manager - Engineering
Phone number 630-377-4405
- Estimated Timeline: Anticipated May 2020 – October 2020
- Project Locations: N. 2nd Avenue north and south of Delnor Avenue. Delnor Avenue from N. 2nd Ave. to N 3rd Avenue.
- Road Closures: Short-term road closures will be required at intermittent times. No long term road closures are anticipated.
The contractor will be pulling the new water main along Delnor Avenue, between 2nd and 3rd Avenues, on Friday, July 24th. The intersection of 3rd Avenue and Delnor will be closed to through traffic, but continuous access will be provided to the 2nd and Delnor subdivision.
This week the contractor will directional drill the water main along the north leg of 2nd Avenue, and will begin preparing for the watermain installation along Delnor Avenue.
Next week the contractor will directional drill the water main along the south leg of 2nd Avenue, and may begin the installation of the watermain along the north leg of 2nd Avenue.
Next week the contractor will begin water main replacement. Notice: Mailbox bank will be installed and will be utilized beginning Monday, July 6th. Existing mailboxes will be temporarily bagged/covered to eliminate confusion.
Next week the contractor to begin tree and brush removal, as well as tree protection and temporary roadway widening, with water main replacement anticipated to begin the week of June 29th. Notice: Mailbox bank will be installed next week and will be utilized beginning June 29th.