The City has recently had many inquiries on the completion of construction of the bridge improvements. Below is a detailed update on project delays and anticipated completion date:
You are here
Main Street Bridge Construction
The Illinois Department of Transportation will be completing bridge repairs on the Main Street Bridge over the Fox River this summer. Long term lane closures will be in place for the duration of the project reducing to one lane in each direction. Please consider using an alternate Fox River Bridge Crossing such as Red Gate Road, Illinois Avenue or Prairie Street during this work.
- Project Phase: Construction
- Proposed Improvements: Protective coating on the sidewalks along with milling and overlaying the roadway.
- Contractor: MYS
- Construction Engineer: Chris Olson, Illinois Department of Transportation, IDOT Website - http://www.idot.illinois.gov/ OR http://www.idot.illinois.gov/about-idot/stay-connected/news-releases/Con...
- Estimated Timeline: Anticipated July 2018 – August 2018
- Project Locations: Main Street from 7th Avenue to 7th Street
- Road Closures: Long term lane closures will be in place for the duration of the project. Main Street will be reduced to one lane in each direction during this work. Please consider using an alternate Fox River Bridge Crossings such as Red Gate Road, Illinois Avenue or Prairie Street during this work.
This week the Contractor will be completing construction improvements to the outside traffic lanes and parking lanes and will be switching traffic control for stage 2, which will involve bridge deck scarification and overlay of the interior driving lanes. Be alert for the new traffic pattern.