- Site work is underway. Phase 1 improvements are substantially completed.
- Construction is underway on the first two residential buildings, Buildings E and F2, immediately east of the roundabout. These buildings will contain 96 rental residential units.
- Anthony Place, a 75-unit senior affordable housing development, is under permit review. Construction is expected to begin in early 2019. Anthony Place will be located immediately behind the Jewel-Osco store, facing Prairie Street.
About the Project
Prairie Centre is a redevelopment of the 27-acre former St. Charles Mall property located north of IL Rt. 38/Lincoln Highway, south of Prairie Street, and east of Randall Road. The project was approved in 2017 and construction began in 2018.
The project includes commercial, mixed use and residential buildings, specifically:
- 670 residential units (including 75 planned affordable senior residential units)
- A range from 80,000 to 116,000 square feet of commercial uses (depending on whether certain buildings are mixed use or residential only)
Plans are posted in the project documents menu.
Shodeen is the developer of the project. Project information can be found on the developer's project website.
GC Housing Development, LLC is developer of the Anthony Place senior affordable building. GC Housing is affiliated with Crane Construction, who has constructed similar senior housing projects in the area. For information contact Laura Carroll at 847.564.7417 or firstname.lastname@example.org.