Current Status- Feb. 2018
- Final Occupancy has been issued for the club house and 4 residential buildings; residents have moved in to the completed buildings.
- An additional 4 residential buildings are mostly completed but awaiting final inspection.
- Three other buildings are under construction.
- Site and construction work on the remaining buildings is expected to begin within the next month, weather permitting.
- Full completion of the project is planned for fall 2018.
About the Project
Prairie Winds is a 250-unit multiple-family residential development planned for the site located along the north side of Bricher Road, immediately west of the Lowes store, between Randall and Peck Roads.
Information on the residential units can be found on the rental community website.
The Prairie Winds project was approved by the City Council on May 1, 2017. Approved plans for the project are posted on this page in the Project Documents menu.
A public hearing regarding the project was held by the Plan Commission on Tuesday, March 21, 2017. The Plan Commission recommended approval of the project.