- Exterior work continues, the biggest addition being the window frames.
- Underground plumbing work on the first floor is continuing.
- The west side of the second floor stud walls are going up.
- The entire second floor slab is poured and complete.
St. Charles Police Station
Design: FGM Architects, Oak Brook, Ill. Construction Manager: Riley Construction, Lake Bluff, Ill.
The New St. Charles Police Station
The new St. Charles Police Station at 1515 W. Main Street replaces the former police station at 211 N. Riverside Ave., portions of which date back nearly 100 years. The $24.6 million project was completed ahead of schedule and under budget. This new facility will support the City’s policing operations for the next 50 years. Click the Building Features link at the right for details about the project.
Project Construction Timeline
The new St. Charles Police Station at 1515 W. Main Street officially opened for business Monday, Sept. 16, 2019. The project was named a 2019 American Public Works Association Public Works Project of the Year in the $5 - $25 million structures category. This award promotes excellence in project management, safety, community relations, environmental impact, and construction innovation.
- The City of St. Charles Electric team has started their work for the service coming into the property for the new building. Riley, the electrical subcontractor, and the City Electric team have been working closely to make sure we keep communication our #1 priority throughout this process.
- One of the two neighboring businesses (OReilly's) will have their completed drive by the end of the week of 11/12 which will mean it is closer to being fully contained within the fenced-in construction area.
The Police Station is nearing completion. Here are five items that were completed this week:
- The Insulguard door and window are installed and finished. These are the specialty storm doors for the community restitution area storm shelter.
- The furniture install is complete, and we are working on final cleaning touch ups.
- The remaining lockers and vault equipment have been installed.
- The landscaping work is complete with some minor touch up work needed at added areas on the nearby streets.