- The binder course of asphalt kicked off on Tuesday with the majority being completed today. However, this is only the first step in the process. The final layer and striping will be put down towards the end of the project to avoid any damage.
- Our final precast infill was completed this week at the west storm shelter.
- The second floor is officially closed for business.
St. Charles Police Station
Design: FGM Architects, Oak Brook, Ill. Construction Manager: Riley Construction, Lake Bluff, Ill.
The New St. Charles Police Station
The new St. Charles Police Station at 1515 W. Main Street replaces the former police station at 211 N. Riverside Ave., portions of which date back nearly 100 years. The $24.6 million project was completed ahead of schedule and under budget. This new facility will support the City’s policing operations for the next 50 years. Click the Building Features link at the right for details about the project.
Project Construction Timeline
- The casework for the second floor and majority of first floor was delivered early this week.
- The second floor lobby glass railing work has started.
- The exterior flatwork is ongoing with the work outside of the lobby 50% complete.
- The parking lot and drive coming in from main street are in the final stages of prep for asphalt next week (weather depending). Our site team has been focusing on keeping the concrete trucks on the approved routes so as to not ruin the prep work.
- The pond is complete!
- The interior aluminum framing for the glass walls has been installed and they are putting in the glass today.
- The squad garage is ready and waiting to be inspected on Monday and poured on Tuesday.
- The detention doors are installed and the block has been filled and primed for paint. We are starting to clear out the areas where epoxy flooring will be installed.
- The seat walls at the front of the building are complete with the specialty lights installed.
- The upstairs painting is almost complete and border ceiling tiles dropped with almost all of the light fixtures in.
- The most North portion of the squad garage has been poured. This allows the main building material and equipment to be moved out and into this area. This will help the finish trades increase efficiency.
- The locker rooms are almost complete. The lockers are installed, and the border ceiling tiles have been dropped. We leave out the remaining ceiling tiles for the testing and balancing to continue.
- The west stairwell framing and drywall is complete.
- Curb and gutter started yesterday and they completed an impressive amount of work in one day.