- The interior aluminum framing for the glass walls has been installed and they are putting in the glass today.
St. Charles Police Station
Design: FGM Architects, Oak Brook, Ill. Construction Manager: Riley Construction, Lake Bluff, Ill.
The New St. Charles Police Station
The new St. Charles Police Station at 1515 W. Main Street replaces the former police station at 211 N. Riverside Ave., portions of which date back nearly 100 years. The $24.6 million project was completed ahead of schedule and under budget. This new facility will support the City’s policing operations for the next 50 years. Click the Building Features link at the right for details about the project.
Project Construction Timeline
- The squad garage is ready and waiting to be inspected on Monday and poured on Tuesday.
- The detention doors are installed and the block has been filled and primed for paint. We are starting to clear out the areas where epoxy flooring will be installed.
- The seat walls at the front of the building are complete with the specialty lights installed.
- The upstairs painting is almost complete and border ceiling tiles dropped with almost all of the light fixtures in.
- The most North portion of the squad garage has been poured. This allows the main building material and equipment to be moved out and into this area. This will help the finish trades increase efficiency.
- The locker rooms are almost complete. The lockers are installed, and the border ceiling tiles have been dropped. We leave out the remaining ceiling tiles for the testing and balancing to continue.
- The west stairwell framing and drywall is complete.
- Curb and gutter started yesterday and they completed an impressive amount of work in one day.
- The main staircase is in place and the concrete is being poured today.
- The flooring is ongoing, with the majority of the second floor complete and the first floor being prepped.
- The Main lobby efforts are focused on final framing of the soffits and the last few pieces of glass that were field measured earlier this week.
- The stoops at all of the exterior doors have had the outside frames poured and will be completed early next week when the sally port garage floor is poured.
- The pond at the west side of the building is almost complete and will kick off th
1. The main staircase stingers (sides) are in and the pans have been placed.
2. The main vestibule glass wall framing is installed and ready for glass.
3. The first floor lobby drywall has started with the south wall complete.
4. The men’s locker room and workout room flooring is complete.
5. The detention benches have been formed.