- The first concrete pour is complete.
- The masons scaffold is in place.
- Once the building is sealed, window framing will be put in place and the masonry and metal panel will follow.
- The first floor grading has started which gets the space ready for the first floor concrete pours.
- Installation of the interior concrete blocks is ongoing in the detention area.
St. Charles Police Station
Design: FGM Architects, Oak Brook, Ill. Construction Manager: Riley Construction, Lake Bluff, Ill.
The New St. Charles Police Station
The new St. Charles Police Station at 1515 W. Main Street replaces the former police station at 211 N. Riverside Ave., portions of which date back nearly 100 years. The $24.6 million project was completed ahead of schedule and under budget. This new facility will support the City’s policing operations for the next 50 years. Click the Building Features link at the right for details about the project.
Project Construction Timeline
- The Iron workers will be done Tuesday.
- All of the roofing materials are on site now.
- The concrete contractor will pour the thickened slab in the future detention area of the building on Monday.
- Plumbing work continues.
- We have power and gas in the building
Window frames are complete at the back of the garage.
The ironworkers are holding the milestone date goals for taking over the east half of the building.
The electrician, mechanical team, and plumber are moving fast with under slab work.
Concrete pours will be happening in the next few days.
The framers are continuing to move along the north face of the building and should be complete with that area in the next two weeks.
The second phase of steel (the east side of the building) is going up as detailing continues.
Exterior framing for the north face of the building has started.
Roofing has started.
- Steel is 90% up. Phase 1 is complete.
- Framing and roofing begin this week.
- The landscaper is laying erosion blankets in the offsite areas to contain the dirt from washing on the road.
- Gas and electric utilities expected to be complete by the end of next week.
- The precast stairs are almost set and have some final detailing to do prior to being ready for concrete.
- Storm shelter precast is complete for both locations.
- The masonry mockup is complete.
- Steel is being erected at a good pace. Garage long span joists are planned to be up at the beginning of January.