- Phase One Steel and joists are being set.
- St. Charles staff members are participating in a beam signing.
St. Charles Police Station
Design: FGM Architects, Oak Brook, Ill. Construction Manager: Riley Construction, Lake Bluff, Ill.
The New St. Charles Police Station
The new St. Charles Police Station at 1515 W. Main Street replaces the former police station at 211 N. Riverside Ave., portions of which date back nearly 100 years. The $24.6 million project was completed ahead of schedule and under budget. This new facility will support the City’s policing operations for the next 50 years. Click the Building Features link at the right for details about the project.
Project Construction Timeline
- Precast erection continues.
- Steel erection has begun.
- Underground electrical continues.
- Underground electric is being installed.
- The large stormwater detention pipes are being connecting to the City's stormwater detention system and the area water will start to see improvements once it’s up and running.
- In addition to the stormwater pipes, the above-ground basin is being dug and will add to the stormwater capacity.
- Precast erection continues with a much larger crane.
- Steel is scheduled to start the week of 12/17.
- Precast erection has begun.
- The asphalt patching on 14th and 17th Streets is complete.
- The underground plumbing (excluding the garage area) is almost complete. This will give a good head start once the building is enclosed and make for a fast floor pour.
- The first phase of steel is ready for erection and the second is making its way to the structural steel subcontractors shop.
- With the new precast erection start date, the project is moving forward with the remaining underground plumbing at the building. This will keep us on target for steel coming at the end of December. The underground plumbing inspections are complete. So far have all passed and the detention area work is almost complete.
- The precast contractor is back on site to confirm/adjust the necessary embed plates which were cast in to the foundation walls. The deadmen (anchors for panel erection) for the precast are being drilled and will continue next week.
Things are progressing steadily on construction of the new police station. Here’s a look at what’s been happening on the site.