Weather delayed the contractor being able to start; the contractor is now scheduled to start the week of May 7.
You are here
Woods of Fox Glen - Mainline Cable Replacement
- Project Phase: Engineering
- Proposed Improvements: 4,600 linear feet of mainline cable replacement using directional drilling and new pipe and cable installation. Existing cable is nearing estimated 30 year life, and the goal is to replace the cable before any outages occur. Contractor crews will install the pipe and City crews will follow behind installing the new cable. Residents can expect to see excavations along Fox Glen Drive and Glenbriar Drive, but the Utility is committed to restoring disturbed areas in a timely and professional manner. No electric service interruptions are expected to be needed to complete this work.
- Contractor: Archon Construction, Addison, IL
- Construction Engineer: City Electric Engineering - Phone number 630-377-4407; email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Estimated Timeline: January 22, 2018 – May 2018
- Project Locations: See attached location map.
The Project is on schedule to start January 22, 2018.
Archon Construction has the work in hand and is waiting for material and decent weather to start construction. We estimate they will start within the next two weeks.
The contractor has the material on hand, with a large backlog of work due to the winter weather. It is estimated that work will start in March.