These services are for residents living within the city limits of St. Charles.
Curbside Refuse & Recycling Collection
- Refuse Carts: Refuse carts are available for monthly rental and come in three sizes: 35-gallon, 65-gallon and 95-gallon
- Recycling Carts: Recycling collection is free. Lakeshore Recycling Systems provided everyone with a 65-gallon recycling cart.
- To request a different size, contact Lakeshore Recycling at 630.581.8650 or StCharles@LRSrecycles.com.
- Refuse Stickers/Half-Size Bags: If you use stickers or half-size bags, you can buy them at local retailers. (List located to the right.)
- Yard Waste: 65-gallon yard waste carts are available for monthly rental
- Curbside Composting: Beginning April 6, food scraps and other organic composting materials are collected for free on normal refuse collection days. Click here for program details.
- Bulk Items: Pick up of items under 50 lbs. require one sticker per item. White Goods (appliances) under 50 lbs. require one sticker per item
- Mattresses: Lakeshore Recycling asks that residents wrap mattresses in plastic bags or shrink wrap before putting them at the curbside.
Curbside Refuse & Recycling Collection Schedule
- Monday for residents living east of the river
- Tuesday for residents living west of the river
Residents can put food scraps and other organic composting materials out at the curb along with regular yard waste for collection.
Holiday Collection Schedule
Holiday collection service will be provided one day later than the normal schedule on the holidays listed below:
New Year's Day
If a holiday falls on a Saturday, that actual day is the observed holiday.
If a holiday falls on a Sunday, then Monday would be the observed holiday.
See pricing below.
Additional Collection Services
- Free bagged leaf collection through December on your regular refuse day - this is in addition to regular City services
- Household Battery Recycling - Drop-off container at City of St. Charles Public Works, 1405 S. 7th Avenue, First Floor.
- Electronic Waste Collection
- TVs and monitors - 15 stickers per item
- E-waste (small box under 50lbs) - 5 stickers per bundle
- Single small e-waste item - 1 sticker per item
- Bundled yard waste collection—this service in addition to the City’s current brush and leaf collection programs.