You are here

Start, Stop or Transfer Utility Services

Utility services provided by the City of St. Charles include electric, water, sewer, and refuse.

The City also offers a Renewable Generation Energy Purchase (RGEP) program for City electric customers.

To start, stop or transfer existing utility services, residential and business customers must call or visit the Utility Billing office at least one business day before the scheduled date and request service be transferred into their name.

Online Payments and Bills Via Email

Once service is started, you will receive your first bill in the mail, containing your 16-digit account number. Online access is not enabled until you receive your first bill.

After receiving your first bill, visit the Paymentus Payment portal to activate your online payment account.

How To Apply for Service

All customers are required to complete an Application for Utility Service shortly after their utility service start-up date. A new application is required anytime a change of name or address occurs. The application is mailed to new customers shortly after service is set up.

A deposit is not required of new customers as long as they pay their utility accounts on time each month. For more information on deposit requirements, please see the Utility Payments and Deposits page.

If you are stopping utilities or transferring utilities out of your name, you will need the following information:

  • The date you are no longer responsible for the utility account.
  • Your forwarding address.
  • The name of the new person or company that will be assuming responsibility for the utilities at the service address.
updated Oct 05, 2018

The Utility Billing Office is located at 2 East Main Street in the Municipal Building in downtown St. Charles.

For more information on connection procedures, please call (630) 377-4426 Monday through Friday between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.

Silverblaze terms and policies apply.