2019 Leaf Collection Program
UPDATE - 12/06/19
The City’s contractor, Kramer Tree Specialists, has completed the third and FINAL leaf collection cycle on both the east and west sides of the City.
Lakeshore Recycling Systems will provide free bagged leaf collection in the month of December, through December 24 for any remaining leaves on your regular refuse collection day.
This program is funded by a portion of the fee collected on the utility bills of eligible homeowners. Check your utility bill or call Utility Billing at 630-377-4426 with questions about your eligibility for this program.
Pick up is unavailable for the following subdivisions/areas:
- Cumberland Green
- Whittington Course, Royal Fox private streets, Dunham Place Commons, Delnor Townhomes, Delnor Glen Drive
- Townes of Fox Chase
- Walnut Hill Townhomes
- Wildrose Springs Townhomes, Auburn Court, Benham Court, Oak Crest
- Leaf piles will not be picked up if obstructed by parked vehicles or other obstacles. The piles will be picked up on your next scheduled pick up when the obstruction is removed.
- Please keep a distance of approximately 10’ between leaf piles and permanent structures, e.g., fire hydrants, trees, streetlight poles, etc.
- Rake leaves in a row parallel to the street at least 1’ back from the curb and off the sidewalk.
- Inclement weather or a large volume of leaves could alter the leaf pickup schedule.
- Pushing leaves into the street is a violation of Ordinance 12.04.170, punishable by a fine up to $500.00 for each offense.
- Leaf piles will not kill grass although they may cause it to discolor.
- Avoid raking foreign materials into leaf piles as these could damage equipment or cause injury to personnel.
- Smaller truck will collect the leaves in the cul-de-sacs.
Any questions call Public Works at 630-377-4405 or email email@example.com.