Leaf collection resumes Monday, Dec. 3, as the second round of regularly scheduled collections continues.
2018 Leaf Collection Schedule
Check the 2018 Leaf Collection Schedule below for schedule and availability.
Leaves must be on the parkway by 6:30 a.m. on your area’s designated day even though it may take several days to pick up the piles in your specific area.
This program is funded by a portion of the fee collected on the utility bills of eligible homeowners. Check your utility bill or call Utility Billing at 630-377-4426 with questions about your eligibility for this program.
Pick up is unavailable for the following subdivisions/areas:
- Cumberland Green
- Whittington Course, Royal Fox private streets, Dunham Place Commons, Delnor Townhomes, Delnor Glen Drive
- Townes of Fox Chase
- Walnut Hill Townhomes
- Wildrose Springs Townhomes, Auburn Court, Benham Court, Oak Crest
|2018 COLLECTIONS||East of the River||West of the River|
|1ST Pick Up Begins:||October 31||November 6|
|2ND Pick Up Begins:||November 12||November 16|
|3RD Pick Up Begins:||December 13 *anticipated||December 13 *anticipated|
*** Dates subject to change based on weather conditions
Lakeshore Recycling Systems will provide free bagged leaf/yard waste collection the entire month of December; this is in addition to regular City services.
- Leaf piles will not be picked up if obstructed by parked vehicles or other obstacles. The piles will be picked up on your next scheduled pick up when the obstruction is removed.
- Please keep a distance of approximately 10’ between leaf piles and permanent structures, e.g., fire hydrants, trees, streetlight poles, etc.
- Rake leaves in a row parallel to the street at least 1’ back from the curb and off the sidewalk.
- Inclement weather or a large volume of leaves could alter the leaf pickup schedule.
- Pushing leaves into the street is a violation of Ordinance 12.04.170, punishable by a fine up to $500.00 for each offense.
- Leaf piles will not kill grass although they may cause it to discolor.
- Avoid raking foreign materials into leaf piles as these could damage equipment or cause injury to personnel.
- Smaller truck will collect the leaves in the cul-de-sacs.
Any questions call Public Works at 630-377-4405 or email email@example.com.