LEAF COLLECTION PROGRAM
Leaf collection will commence on the east side of the river on October 27th; Kramer will move immediately to the west side as soon as they complete the east side. The City’s contractor, Kramer Tree Specialists will complete three collection cycles of the City with an anticipated completion date of November 24th. Daily progress of the collection crews can be found at Kramer Tree Specialists' website:
Lakeshore Recycling Systems will provide free bagged leaf collection from November 29 through December 21 for any remaining leaves on your regular refuse collection day.
Pick up is unavailable for the following subdivisions/areas:
- Cumberland Green
- Whittington Course, Royal Fox private streets, Dunham Place Commons, Delnor Townhomes, Delnor Glen Drive
- Townes of Fox Chase
- Walnut Hill Townhomes
- Wildrose Springs Townhomes, Auburn Court, Benham Court, Oak Crest
Leaf Collection Reminders:
- Please have leaves on the parkway by 6:30 a.m. on the beginning day of pick up for your area
- It may take three to four days for leaves to be collected in your specific area.
- A smaller truck will collect the leaves in the cul-de-sacs.
- Leaf piles will not be picked up if obstructed by parked vehicles or other obstacles. The piles will be picked up on your next scheduled pick up when the obstruction is removed.
- Please keep a distance of approximately 10’ between leaf piles and permanent structures, e.g., fire hydrants, trees, streetlight poles, etc.
- Rake leaves in a row parallel to the street at least 1’ back from the curb and off the sidewalk.
- Inclement weather or a large volume of leaves could alter the leaf pickup schedule.
- Pushing leaves into the street is a violation of Ordinance 12.04.170, punishable by a fine up to $500.00 for each offense.
- Leaf piles will not kill grass although they may cause it to discolor.
- Avoid raking foreign materials into leaf piles as these could damage equipment or cause injury to personnel.
- This program is funded by a portion of the fee collected on the utility bills of eligible homeowners. Check your utility bill or call Utility Billing at 630-377-4426 with questions about your eligibility for this program.
Be sure to check back here for updates, call Public Works at 630-377-4405 OR Kramer Tree Specialists at 630-293-5444 or email email@example.com.