** Coming Soon: A New Online Portal for City Utility Bills **
The City is in the process of implementing a new utility billing system. The new system will have a new customer portal with enhanced features that make it easy for residents to manage their utility account.
Important Items to Note about the New System
- Accounts will be assigned new account numbers.
- Several online payment options will still be available, including:
- Pay through the new portal
- Pay through your bank or other financial institution
- Quick Pay without creating a profile or password
- Auto pay options
- In-person, drop box & automated phone payments will still be accepted.
- Paper bills also will have a new look and added utility information.
- Everyone will receive a paper bill for the first billing cycle.
Contact our Utility Billing Office with questions at 630.377.4426
Pay Your Bill Online
When paying online, you leave the City of St. Charles website and are redirected to the Paymentus website, where you are subject to Paymentus terms, policies, and a $3.95 convenience fee on all payments.
Don't have a Paymentus Account?
Register with Paymentus for online access to your utility account and setup email notifications, paperless billing, and access copies of your utility bills. Click here to get started.
Ways to Pay with Paymentus
A $3.95 convenience fee applies when paying with Paymentus:
- Pay online - click icon or scan QR code below.
- Pay by phone - Call toll free 24/7 at (844) 443-9794
- Pay with credit/debit cards or echeck
- Paymentus also accepts PayPal, Venmo, and Amazon Pay
Paying your utility bill online is easy. Pay as a guest or sign in to your account below:
No Fee - Set Up ACH/Automatic Payments Directly Through the City Utility Billing Office
Set up ACH/Electronic autopay directly from your checking or savings account. There is no fee with this form of payment.
Fill out the online enrollment form https://www.stcharlesil.gov/ubills/enroll.
Within 5 business days you will receive a confirmation email that the automatic payment has been set up. This transaction occurs on your due date each month. If this day is ever a weekend or holiday, the automatic payment will take place the next business day.
For online access to your utility account and to set up email notifications, paperless billing and access copies of your utility bills, you will need to register with Paymentus. Click here to get started.
Frequently Asked Questions
Click here for frequently asked questions about paying your utility bill.
Or call the Utility Billing Office at 630.377.4426 during normal office hours (M-F 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.).