Online Employment Application
City of St. Charles
Applications are only accepted through the online application program via this website. All externally posted positions will be listed on the website. Applications are accepted at any time. If you are interested in employment opportunities, please complete the online application. You will have an opportunity to attach your cover letter and resume to this application.
Police Officers & Firefighters
Applications are only accepted when recruitment/testing is being conducted to establish an eligibility list. The City usually begins the recruiting process approximately four months prior to the expiration date of the current list or when the list has been exhausted. At that time applications are accepted through this website and additional information is to be submitted as defined on the job posting.
The current Firefighter/Paramedic Eligibility List is in effect until September 15, 2015.
The current Police Officer Eligibility list is in effect until October 13, 2016.
In order to be considered for employment, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Apply through the proper online application process.
- Be legally authorized to work in the United States.
- Possess a valid drivers license.
- Be 18 years of age.
- Meet the minimum qualifications of the position applying for.
- Pass a criminal background check.
- Pass a drug screen.
- Pass a physical and/or functional job screen, if required for the position.
The City of St. Charles is an Equal Opportunity Employer.