Refuse and Recycling Services Effective July 1, 2015
All City of St. Charles residents are provided with refuse, recycling and seasonal yardwaste services by the City's licensed waste hauler, Advanced Disposal. Single family and multifamily units of six or less are provided weekly, volume based curbside pick-up service for refuse, recycling and seasonal yard waste. Multifamily dwellings of more than six units are provided refuse and recycling services at common dumpster locations.
In a volume-based, or pay-as-you-go program, refuse service is funded by purchasing half-size special refuse bags or stickers. These items can be purchased at local grocery and convenience stores. See below or Title 8, Chapter 24 of the City Code for information on current pricing.
The collection schedule for curbside pickup can be found on the attached Refuse Pick Up Map above.
Pick Up Schedule is as follows for residents living within the city limits of St. Charles:
Residents living east of the river: Monday collection
Residents living west of the river: Tuesday collection
Yard waste collection is conducted on your corresponding refuse day. Pick up season begins April 1 and ends on the week of November 24.
Refuse collection holidays are as follows:
- New Year's Day
- Memorial Day
- July 4
- Labor Day
When scheduled collection falls on one of these holidays, collections are delayed by one day for the remainder of the week.
Containers and Stickers
Refuse containers that are not Advanced Disposal toters must be no larger than 32 gallons and weigh no more than 50 lbs. As a reminder refuse and recycling containers should be at the curb by 6:00 a.m. Please consider that while refuse may be picked up the same time most weeks the pick-up time may vary.
Beginning July 1, 2016, the following fees will be in effect:
- Refuse Sticker $3.25 ea.
- Yard Waste Sticker $3.25 ea.
- Refuse Bag - No longer available
- Half-size Refuse Bag $2.11 ea.
- 65-Gallon Yard Waste Toter $28.53/mo.
- 35-Gallon Refuse Toter $21.68/mo.
- 65-Gallon Refuse Toter $22.82/mo.
- 95-Gallon Refuse Toter $23.96/mo.
- White Goods Pick Up* $35/item
*Call Advanced Disposal to schedule a pick up. Prepayment is required.
Current pricing will remain in effect through June 30, 2016.
Waste stickers can be purchased for $3.25 each at the following locations:
- DG Ace Hardware (Waste Stickers Only), 2650 E. Main Street
- Meijer Foods (Waste Stickers Only), 855 S. Randall Rd.
- Ace Hardware (Waste Stickers & Yellow Bags), 617 W State St. (Geneva)
- Jewel Foods (Waste Stickers & Yellow Bags), 652 Kirk Rd.
- Blue Goose Grocery (Waste Stickers & Yellow Bags), 300 S. 2nd Street
- Jewel Foods (Waste Stickers & Yellow Bags), 2073 Prairie St.
- ALDI (Waste Stickers Only), 2670 W. Main Street
- Jewel Foods (Waste Stickers Only), 375 Randall Rd. (South Elgin)
- City Hall (Waste Stickers & Yellow Bags), 2 E. Main Street
- ALDI (Waste Stickers Only), 975 E. State Street (Geneva)
Please note the following services updates:
- 35 gallon refuse toter is available in addition to the 65 and 95 gallon sizes.
- 65 gallon toter is available for yard waste.
- Yard waste stickers will need to be placed on generic yard waste bags. City of St. Charles yard waste bags will no longer be available once the current stock is depleted.
- There is no cost for 65 gallon recycling toters.
- Residents may continue to use the orange recycling bins.
- Refuse containers that are not Advanced Disposal toters must be no larger than 32 gallons and weigh no more than 50 lbs.
- Refuse and recycling containers should be curbside before 6:00 a.m. Please consider that while refuse may be picked up the same time most weeks the pick-up time can vary.
- Please note: Waste oil and batteries are no longer picked up by Advanced Disposal. Motor oil and batteries can be taken to the Household Hazardous Waste Drop-Off in Naperville, 630-420-6095.
Additional residential services include Leaf Collection and Brush Pick Up.
If you have any questions please contact
- Advanced Disposal at 630-587-8282
- The City Public Works Department at 630-377-4405