Ride in Kane (formerly Dial-A-Ride)
7 days a week, 6 a.m. to 7 p.m.
|Local Office for Residents to Register (Living within City Limits of St. Charles)|
City Hall, 2 E. Main St.
Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Ride in Kane was introduced to Kane County in early 2008 and unites all of the county's individual dial-a-ride programs under one umbrella. It provides curb-to-curb service, 24 hours a day, for seniors and disabled residents to ride from their homes to just about anywhere in the county. Fares start at $4 for the first 10 miles and a mileage charge is tacked on thereafter. Eligible riders must preregister with the Ride in Kane program. Residents who were registered for the previous Dial-A-Ride program automatically are registered for Ride in Kane and can begin scheduling rides immediately.
Criteria for Eligibility to Register:
- 65 years old or older
- Documented permanent disability
- RTA Reduced Fare Card
Features of the New Program:
- Curb-to-curb service, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Trips can be reserved 1 to 7 days in advance.
- Arrange for a Subscription Service for travel required 2 days or more per week to the same location, at the same time, for an extended period of time (work, doctor appointments, etc.)
- One travel companion may ride with a registered rider at no additional charge.
- Group trips (three or more riders who depart from and return to the same location) receive a discount.
Please see attached Ride in Kane Riders Guide for complete program and contact information or visit www.rideinkane.org.
No person in the United States shall on the ground of race, color, or national origin be excluded from participation in, denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program or activity receiving Federal Financial assistance. (42USC 2000d)