Ride in Kane (formerly Dial-A-Ride)
7 days a week, 6 a.m. to 7 p.m.
|Local Office for Residents to Register (Living within City Limits of St. Charles)|
City Hall, 2 E. Main St.
Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Ride in Kane was introduced to Kane County in early 2008 and unites all of the county's individual dial-a-ride programs under one umbrella. It provides curb-to-curb service, 24 hours a day, for seniors and disabled residents to ride from their homes to just about anywhere in the county. Fares start at $3 for the first 10 miles and a mileage charge is tacked on thereafter. Eligible riders must preregister with the Ride in Kane program. Residents who were registered for the previous Dial-A-Ride program automatically are registered for Ride in Kane and can begin scheduling rides immediately.
Criteria for Eligibility to Register:
- 65 years old or older
- Documented permanent disability
- RTA Reduced Fare Card
Features of the New Program:
- Curb-to-curb service, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Trips can be reserved 1 to 7 days in advance.
- Arrange for a Subscription Service for travel required 2 days or more per week to the same location, at the same time, for an extended period of time (work, doctor appointments, etc.)
- One travel companion may ride with a registered rider at no additional charge.
- Group trips (three or more riders who depart from and return to the same location) receive a discount.
Please see attached Ride in Kane Riders Guide for complete program and contact information.