To provide exceptional customer service to residents, city departments, & other governmental entities through;
providing timely information, billing and collections on utility accounts, procuring materials at the best possible cost, stocking needed items, maintaining acceptable inventory levels, monitoring financial activity, maintaining procedural controls, and ensuring fiscal responsibility.
Facts About the City of St. Charles
- City’s Population (2010 Census): 32,974
- Equalized Assessed Value: $1,478,384,386
(EAV – 2011 collected in 2012)
- EAV Rate: $0.8260
- The City of St. Charles does not require the following:
- Real Estate Transfer Tax
- Vehicle Stickers
- General Business Licenses (please see the Mayor’s
Web Site for more license info.)
- Annual Dog License Fees - please visit Kane County animal control for county license and fees.