The following are the current agreements between the City of St. Charles and the representative five labor unions.
Develop cost-effective, efficient and pro-active strategies to attract and retain the highest-quality employees by: providing competitive compensation and benefits; fostering career development and learning; and creating a healthy work environment.
- City Benefits
- Application for Employment
- Application Information (including general information on firefighter recruiting/testing)
- Police Recruitment Information (sign up to receive recruitment emails when posted)
Local Government Careers
Have a passion for public service? Want to make a difference in your community? A career in local government is a great option! Municipal governments employ a wide variety of professionals to serve their communities. Following are some resources to help you get started on your journey:
- ILCMA Explore Local Government Careers
- ILCMA Local Government Careers
- Choosing a Career as a Professional City, Town, or County Manager
- Careers in Local Government Management
- Why Consider a Career in Local Government?
- Why You Should Work in Local Government
- Veterans Local Government Management Fellowship (VLGMF)
- Breaking Into Local Government, A Guide for Career Changers (PDF file)
- Veterans Guide to Finding a Job in Local Government