Charlestowne Mall Redevelopment
Concept Plan Application filed- September 2021
A Concept Plan Application has been submitted for the redevelopment of the Charlestowne Mall site.
The residential developer is S.R. Jacobson Development Corp. and the commercial developer is Lormax Stern Development Company, LLC. Information on both developers is included in the Project Documents Menu.
The Concept Plan includes:
- Demolition of the Mall buildings, and retaining Classic Cinemas, Von Maur, Cooper's Hawk and Starbucks/Verizon buildings.
- 40,000 square feet of new commercial development along Main Street.
- A hotel pad to accommodate a 135-room hotel.
- 324 Garden apartments, in the three-story buildings, on the eastern portion of the site.
- 208 townhomes on the northern portion of the site.
- Community Center with pool and amenities to serve the residents.
The project will be scheduled for review by Plan Commission and Planning & Development Committee starting October. Meeting dates have not been finalized.
The Concept Plan review process enables developers to obtain informal feedback from City officials and the public before spending time and money to prepare detailed plans. The conclusion of the Concept Plan review is not a decision by the City, but simply information that the developer can use to decide whether to pursue the project further. If the developer decides to proceed and a zoning change is proposed, all owners of property within 250 feet of the site will be notified regarding the time and place for the Plan Commission’s required public hearing.
For more information on the project, please contact the Community & Economic Development Department at (630) 377-4443.