Charlestowne Mall Redevelopment
Concept Plan - SR Jacobson - Fall 2021
A Concept Plan for redevelopment of Charlestowne Mall was presented by residential developer S.R. Jacobson Development Corp. and commercial developer Lormax Stern Development Company, LLC. The Concept Plan included:
- Demolition of the Mall buildings, and retaining Classic Cinemas, Von Maur, Cooper's Hawk and Starbucks/Verizon buildings.
- Plaza with various gathering spaces between Classic Cinemas and Von Maur.
- 40,000 square feet of new commercial development along Main Street.
- A hotel pad to accommodate a 135-room hotel.
- 351 Garden apartments, in the three-story buildings, on the eastern portion of the site.
- 209 two-story townhomes on the northern portion of the site.
- Community Clubhouse with pool and amenities to serve the residents.
Concept Plan review
The Concept Plan review process enables developers to obtain informal feedback from City officials and the public before spending time and money to prepare detailed plans. The conclusion of the Concept Plan review is not a decision by the City, but simply information that the developer can use to decide whether to pursue the project further. If the developer decides to proceed and a zoning change is proposed, all owners of property within 250 feet of the site will be notified regarding the time and place for the Plan Commission’s required public hearing.
Version 1 of the Concept Plan was reviewed at the meeting of the Plan Commission- October 5, 2021. A revised Concept Plan, "Version 2", was reviewed by the Plan Commission on January 4, 2022. Planning & Development Committee reviewed the Concept Plan on January 10, 2022.
Based on the feedback received, SR Jacobson decided not to proceed with the project.
For more information on the project, please contact the Community & Economic Development Department at (630) 377-4443.