Halloween Trick-or-Treating hours are 3-7 p.m. on Oct. 31. If you are out driving that day, please be extra careful and watch for children out walking. As little goblins and ghosts are going door to door, trick-or-treating, please remember the following safety tips:
- Official trick-or-treating hours are from 3 to 7 p.m.
- Young children should be accompanied by their parents or another responsible adult.
- If there is a chance children will be out after dark, at least one member of each group should carry a flashlight.
- Remind children to watch for traffic.
- Walk only on sidewalks and cross the streets at intersections.
- Fit costumes properly to avoid tripping hazards and ensure the child has clear vision.
- Choose light colored costumes or add reflective tape or reflectors so they are visible.
- Examine all candy before allowing children to eat it.
- Drivers be especially observant and watch for children out walking.
All residents are encouraged to turn on outside lights for the safety of the trick-or-treaters. Thanks for helping us make this a safe and fun-filled Halloween!