You are here

Services Available to Victims and Witnesses of Crime

The St. Charles Police Department would like to remind our citizens about services that are available for victims and witnesses of crime.

  • The Kane County Victims' Rights Unit will provide information as to how your case will proceed through the court system.  You can contact the members of the unit by calling the Kane County State’s Attorney's Office at 630-232-3500 and asking for the Victims' Rights Unit.
  • If you become a victim of domestic violence, the Kane County State’s Attorney's Office can assist you in obtaining an order of protection.  Domestic violence victims can once again call the general number at 630-232-3500 and ask for the Domestic Violence Victim Services Division.
  • Assistance is also available through the Community Crisis Center by calling 847-697-2380 (847-742-4057 TTY) or Mutual Ground at 630-897-0080.
  • Assistance and legal advice may also be available to victims through attorneys of Prairie State Legal Services by calling 630-232-9415.
  • The Illinois Attorney General's Office provides information pertaining to the Illinois Crime Victim's Compensation Program.  This program provides financial assistance to eligible victims who have been killed or injured as a result of a criminal act.  Crime victims or their families may contact the Attorney General's Office at 1-800-228-3368.

Services available to victims of crime are also available on the City of St. Charles website at:  Victim/witness brochures are also available in the Police Department lobby.  If anyone needs additional information, please feel free to contact the St. Charles Police Department at 630-377-4435.  

created May 06, 2014 updated Apr 06, 2016

Police Department

Phone (630) 377-4435
Monday - Friday 24 hrs.
Saturday & Sunday 8 a.m. to midnight
Fax (630) 377-1078
Monday - Friday 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
If you need a police response outside of the hours listed above, call 911.
Emergency/After Hours
1515 W. Main Street
St. Charles, IL 60174