The St. Charles Police Station at 1515 W. Main Street was named a 2019 American Public Works Association Public Works Project of the Year in the $5 - $25 million structures category. This award promotes excellence in project management, safety, community relations, environmental impact, and construction innovation.The new 56,000 sq. ft. facility sits on 6.5 acres and replaced the former police station at 211 N. Riverside Ave., portions of which date back nearly 100 years. The City broke ground on the new facility in July 2018, and the $24.6 million project was completed ahead of schedule and under budget. The new facility will support the City’s policing operations for the next 50 years.
Police Station Features
- Brick, limestone and natural stone, with painted concrete and metal panels
- On-site Storm Water Detention System to provide regional detention capabilities
- Attached squad car garage
- Evidence room with bar-coding system
- Advanced lock-up facility, secured attorney/client area
- Modern layout with private and communal work spaces
- Training Room
- Wellness center/locker room
- Community room for public use
- LED for all interior lighting
Design: FGM Architects, Oak Brook, Ill.
Construction Management: Riley Construction, Lake Bluff, Ill.