The CDC has issued COVID-19 related guidance regarding Halloween trick-or-treating. Click here to read through the public health recommendations. Since Halloween is not a City-sponsored event, please use your best judgement regarding whether or not to have your children go trick-or-treating door-to-door, which the CDC puts in the 'Higher Risk' category. And please follow mask, distancing, and hand sanitizing guidelines. If you do not feel comfortable handing out candy this year, simply turn off your porch lights.
Illinois Moved into Phase 4 of the Restore Illinois Plan on June 26, 2020. Access the guidelines here.
Expanded Outdoor Dining Continues through October. Click here for details.
On May 5, 2020, Gov. Pritzker outlined the State of Illinois plan to reopen. Read it here.
- 2450 N. Farnsworth Ave. in Aurora, less than half a mile from the Chicago Premium Outlets.
How Does this Apply to St. Charles?
- All residents should follow the guidelines in the Governor’s Restore Illinos Plan.
- Residents should continue to practice 6 ft. social distancing, wear a mask in public, and wash hands frequently to help slow virus transmission. More information about preventing the spread of COVID-19 and the symptoms to watch for is at cdc.gov.
- Do not hoard groceries and supplies.
- The City of St. Charles will continue to provide essential services.
- Inform 911 dispatchers of all symptoms you are having so first responders are prepared when arriving on scene.
State of IIlinois
- Coronavirus.illinois.gov provides updates, orders, FAQs, and more information for residents and businesses.
- Restore Illinois Plan
- Business Interruption Grants Program (BIG)
- Send questions, comments, recommendations regarding the state’s response to the COVID-19 outbreak to the Governor's Office at Gov.COVID19stakeholder@illinois.gov
- For health-related questions about COVID-19, call the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) coronavirus Hotline 1.800.889.3931 or email email@example.com
- Register and receive current information COVID-19 and updates from IDPH by texting COVID to 312-500-3836.
- To make PPE donations, email IDPH at firstname.lastname@example.org
Public Health & Safety Agencies
Visit these agencies' websites for information about coronavirus prevention, symptoms, outbreak trends, and the federal response.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
- Illinois Department of Public Health Coronavirus Updates
- Kane County Health Department
Food Delivery for Seniors
- Meals on Wheels (Senior Services Associates) at 630.879.4035
- Local Salvation Army Drive Up Food Pantry 630.377.2769
- Northern Illinois Foodbank 630.443.6916
Other Community Organizations
Help for Small Businesses
These organizations have information and resources for small businesses:
- St. Charles Chamber of Commerce
- St. Charles Business Alliance,
- Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity Business Interruption Grants (BIG) program
- The City'sThink St. Charles Economic Development site.
Restaurants & Bars
Below are options for take out and delivery at local restaurants: