River East Lofts
The River East Lofts project is currently under Final Engineering and Building Permit review.
River East Lofts is a planned mixed-use building at the southeast corner of Illinois & Riverside Aves. The project was approved by City Council on October 3, 2022.
The site is currently a parking lot and a vacant former office building. The planned building is 4 story, with retail space and parking on the first floor and upper floor residential apartments- 42 total residential units.
The owner/developer is STC 216, LLC (Frontier Development).
The approved zoning applications include:
- Special Use for PUD: A PUD ordinance with zoning use and standards to accommodate the project.
- PUD Preliminary Plan: Plans depicting physical development of the property, including site, engineering, and landscape plans.
In conjunction with the PUD approvals, the City Council also approved an ordinance conditionally vacating portions of S. 2nd Ave. and Indiana Ave. for the project. The right-of-way will not be conveyed to the owner/developer until the project has received Final Plat and Engineering approvals and is ready to proceed to construction.
Project Approval Meetings:
- Historic Preservation Commission- July 6, 2022
- Plan Commission- Public Hearing- July 19, 2022
- Planning & Development Commitee- August 22, 2022
- City Council- September 6, 2022 - Ordinance to vacate street right-of-way did not pass; No action taken on PUD.
- City Council - October 3, 2022 - Approved with reduced right-of-way vacation.
For more information, contact the Community and Economic Development Department at (630) 377-4443 or firstname.lastname@example.org.