You are here

How do I dispute a parking ticket?

This information applies only to parking or ordinance violation tickets issued by the St. Charles Police Department.

If you believe a parking ticket was issued improperly, you may appeal within 7 days of the ticket issue date. To appeal, fill out a Parking Ticket Review Form online or at the St. Charles Police Station front desk, at 1515 W. Main Street in St. Charles, Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to midnight, or Saturday, 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.

Or you may request a hearing at the City’s monthly Administrative Adjudication by filling out and returning the form you received in the mail, along with your notice of violation.

Administrative Adjudication is a proceeding in front of a hearing officer who listens to evidence presented by the City of St. Charles and by the accused who then makes a determination of liability or non-liability. These hearings are for non-criminal offenses that are punishable only by fine. The hearing officer is an attorney licensed by the State of Illinois. Illinois statutes allow for an appeal of the hearing officer's determination in the circuit court. The hearings are scheduled for the third Thursday of each month at 5:30 p.m. in the Community Room at the St. Charles Police Station, 1515 W. Main Street in St. Charles.  All unpaid tickets will be sent through this process.

If you have questions, contact the St. Charles Police Department at 630.377.4435.

updated May 29, 2024