You are here

What changes to the building require Historic Preservation approval?

Approval of a Certificate of Appropriateness is required to obtain a building permit for any construction, alteration, repair, demolition or relocation that affects the exterior architectural appearance of any structure within a historic district, and for any structure that is designated a landmark.  A COA is not required for work that does not require a permit (such as painting).

updated Oct 01, 2018